Monday, June 23, 2008

#5 more fun with Flickr

My Presentation
Here's where I've been so far!
Make yours @ BigHugeLabs.com
Make yours @ BigHugeLabs.com

Flickr is becoming my new favorite website. I enjoyed the mashups and see lots of potential. For this post I've included the maps option from Big Huge Labs and a desktop collage from splashr. Be sure to click "my presentation," too. I wish that mashup had shown up as an image rather than a link as did the map.
There are many options for kids to use photos creatively and produce profesisonal looking results. Since Flickr is blocked on school district computers, it's really a moot point. In the meantime I may use some of these mashups to enhance presentations.
In the library, poster size mashups could be used to point out certain sections of the library. Another option would be a group of photos about an author, a book setting, and the like. As tools become more available for display and presentation, our expectations of ourselves rise significantly!

No comments: